a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies

a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies.

cooking.baking.teaching.and general merriment.

6.14.2013

Father's Day Gift Idea

Father's Day is Sunday.

Nothing like last minute, huh?

I was making some other projects with koozies (see blog on Monday!) and had a great idea for a quick, cheap and simple gift to celebrate my husband's first Father's Day as this cutie's dad!

(shameless plug for my adorable daughter, I realize this)
 

I simply painted my daughter's palms with white paint I had on hand and pressed one on either side of the blank koozie from the craft store.
 
Side note: Although I said "simply", that probably isn't the best adjective to describe this task. It will definitely take two people to hold open your child's palm and paint it if you have a wiggly 7 month old that likes to clasp her hand around things during this stage. Have baby wipes handy and don't be afraid to get a little paint on your hands. If you get extra marks on the koozie or mess up, you can quickly wipe it off with a baby wipe and start over!
 
 
 

After some personalization and a fairly quick dry time, my daughter can now "hold" her daddy's cold drinks. Presh.
 
Time to get crafty!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment