a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies

a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies.

cooking.baking.teaching.and general merriment.

1.26.2012

Antique-ing

I heart antique shopping. I love the treasure hunt aspect of the whole experience and prefer a house filled with other people's old stuff...doesn't sound as appealing when phrased that way, huh? But either way, it makes me happy.

The Brass Armadillo, in Denver, is one of the best antique stores I've seen. (Upon searching for their website, I learned they have multiple locations around the country! Check it out.) I enjoy perusing the store frequently for new additions that have come in and that's just what my friend and I did last week.


What is it about cake stands? I can't get enough. Love the square blue.


Maybe it's the teacher in me but I cannot wait when I finally have a space in my house for an old school desk. So many great ideas for this future piece.


Pinterest makes me want to buy all these boxes.


This is my favorite booth at the 'dillo (as I lovingly call it). The colors are amazing and when done well, vintage kitchen pieces can look great in a home.


The booth above is also full of pie birds- which I always talk about collecting. So unique and can be hard to find! Love the colors in this little beaut. 


Oh, hello again lovers. This was the low point of my day. When these adorable heels did not fit. $24 and I am obsessed. I wear a 6 1/2 so if you have smaller feet than that, fly to Denver and go buy these shoes. Please.


Are people still collecting salt and pepper shakers? And if so, surely their collection is not complete without this little salty dog. There are so many hilarious things about this pup. Can't even start.


A great way to spend an afternoon! Ironically enough, I only ended up purchasing a $10 pink ski onesie straight from the 80's. I'd say that made it a successful trip!

I'm Salt,
Laura

2 comments:

  1. I want to visit this antique store! I would also like to know what a pie bird is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come to America and we will visit :)
    And I don't know why it isn't a different color but hover over the words "pie bird" and it will educate ya!

    ReplyDelete