a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies

a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies.

cooking.baking.teaching.and general merriment.

1.25.2012

The Perfect Salsa

Do you know of anyone that doesn't like salsa? If so, I don't know if we could be friends.

My hubster is a huge fan of salsa and we go through so much of it that, a few years ago, I decided to try to find a recipe that we both liked that we could keep around as something fresh and healthy as a go-to snack! Now, we always have a batch of fresh, homemade salsa in the fridge (such a domestic goddess, I know).

This is a recipe from a fellow Oklahoman, The Pioneer Woman. Her blog is a plethora of gorgeous photos, yummy recipes and hilarious dialogue. Her Restaurant Style Salsa is a crowd favorite, makes a huge batch, has the perfect flavors and right amount of spice! We love it!

Check out her website for complete instructions but here is a brief overview...

Gather your ingredients....then remind me to add sugar to my grocery list.


 One can whole tomatoes, two cans Ro-Tel, 1/2 chopped onion, 1 diced jalapeno, lime juice, 1 minced garlic clove, a lot of cilantro and 1/4 tsp. each of sugar, salt and cumin.

To easily mince my cilantro, I rely on my OXO herb mincer. This tool is priceless! It minces herbs so quickly and efficiently and the best part? It's dishwasher safe. Score.


Throw all the ingredients into the blender (or food processor if you have one large enough) and chop/mix for about 15 seconds! The first time I made this, I used my 10 cup food processor. There was WAY too much liquid and within seconds, our counters and floor were covered in tomato juice and cilantro. Our blender is the perfect fit for this and, as you can see, this makes a large amount of salsa- for only a few dollars!



Serve with chips, guacamole and a Corona!

Here is a link to the recipe details on PW's site:


Enjoy!

Denver Needs A Good Mexican Restaurant,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment