a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies

a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies.

cooking.baking.teaching.and general merriment.

1.31.2012

Give It Away, Give It Away, Give It Away Now

Stuff.
Everywhere.
Do you ever feel overwhelmed by all our "stuff"?

The hubster and I set up this "donation station" in our closet that has really made me feel organized about all that extra stuff!

We keep this box out in our closet and whenever we are getting ready and find some clothes that don't fit or we just don't wear anymore (side note: aren't we blessed to have clothes that we just don't wear anymore?!) we toss them in the box!

This goes for any place in the house- old books, movies, etc. - it all goes to the donation station. Once it is full, like it just was in this picture, I bag it up and take it to our local Goodwill!
It is so nice to purge through things slowly and as we are thinking about each item versus a giant, weekend long cleaning!

Try it out and let me know how it goes!

Organization Lover,
Laura

1 comment:

  1. Oh! That's a great idea! I have a few plastic tubs that aren't being used right now (I know...how is that possible??) and I will definitely try this. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete