a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies

a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies.

cooking.baking.teaching.and general merriment.

2.02.2012

Tomato Soup

As promised yesterday, this is my world-famous (world as in my house...world) tomato soup recipe! This came from a Kraft Food and Family magazine about 3 years ago and is now a go-to dinner when I don't have a lot of time because of how simple it is and how I have it memorized!

Gather your ingredients.
Tomato sauce, whipping cream, brown sugar, italian seasoning, hot sauce, salt and pepper
(Full recipe is listed at bottom)

Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan.







 Then, stir it up (and sing a little Bob Marley...). Heat over medium heat, until heated through, but do not boil.

And now start making the grilled cheese! We like ours with pepperjack, red onion and avocado.


 I like to drizzle a little EVOO in the pan, put the sandwich down and swirl it around a little to soak up the oil.


Then, drizzle a little more EVOO on the other side so it's ready to flip!


Dig in! Comfort food at it's best!

Tomato Soup
Yield: 4 servings
Prep: 5 min. Total Time: 15 min.

Ingredients:
1 29 oz. can tomato sauce
1 c. heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. italian seasoning
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
Dash of hot sauce

In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through but do not boil.

Enjoy!
Laura

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I just posted a recipe on my blog last night that I got from Kraft Food & Family magazine! I thought I was the only person under the age of 40 who had a subscription. Great minds think alike... Will definitely have to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your (yummy looking!) recipe yesterday and thought the same thing! I've had some major simple and delicious dinners from there! And we might be the only two under 40 with a subscription...

    ReplyDelete