a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies

a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies.

cooking.baking.teaching.and general merriment.

8.17.2012

Chewy Caramel Popcorn and Pretzel Bars

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

How does Martha Stewart do it?

Oh, she has tons of people actually doing it for her, you say? Ok, that's fair.

This Chewy Caramel Popcorn and Pretzel Bar is so simple, makes a LOT and I've yet to meet someone (even my hubby that typically turns up his nose at sweets) that doesn't like it!

My mom made a batch and brought it to Colorado a few weeks ago and the next week we made another batch for book club and I can already tell this recipe will be in our Fall "football food" rotation frequently!


Make sure you cook your caramel long enough to really have a strong caramel flavor to up the anty on this treat even more! Let it sit undisturbed until about 8 minutes and then, still without disturbing, keep your eye on it because it can quickly go from just right to just burnt.

You can find the original recipe here: Chewy Caramel Popcorn and Pretzel Bars

Enjoy!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment