a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies

a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies.

cooking.baking.teaching.and general merriment.

11.26.2012

Must Have Maternity Clothes

Maternity clothes aren't cheap. And a lot of times they aren't cute, either.

I was so fortunate to borrow a lot of things from a sweet friend and my mom took me shopping near the beginning of my second trimester.

Here is what I found myself wearing more often than other clothes and are worth spending more money on! Obviously, everyone is comfortable in different things and this is just more advice that you can take or leave! Doesn't bother me.

From A Pea in the Pod
I had this shirt in white and black and I wore them all the time! They are super comfortable, long enough to last through your due date without showing your belly and durable. I found that most Gap maternity shirts didn't last me my entire pregnancy because of their length. My go-to outfits were one of these shirts, a cardigan (non-maternity! Use what you have!) and a scarf with jeans. I still felt somewhat fashionable and I wasn't spending an arm and a leg on an outfit because the shirt and pants were the only maternity items.
 
Short Sleeve Scoop Neck Maternity T Shirt
 
 
These are from A Pea in the Pod but I bought some from Target. Gap also has good options. These are great for running errands when your belly is so huge that anything tight is just not appealing. Also, you need a comfy pair of pants that fit well for lounging around the house or having people over for football or a movie. I also wore these to yoga class and the movie theater for absolute comfort! I will add that mine did not have a belly panel which was fine until about month 9 when my shirts weren't long enough and my pants were too short up top. Peek-a-boo, belly, nobody wants to see you.
Fold Over Belly Jersey Knit Roll Waist Fit And Flare Maternity Yoga Pants
 
With stretch. My mom got me these AG Jeans after we tried on LOTS of different brands and styles at A Pea in the Pod. These were the most comfortable for me. They have stretch, were a great length and had a full belly panel, which I liked. I really suggest that you go to a store and try on multiple styles and brands, too, and invest in a pair that make you feel good. It is worth every penny.
AG Jeans Secret Fit Belly(r) 5 Pocket Skinny Leg Maternity Jeans
 
This is from Gap and is so comfortable! (Are you noticing a comfortable trend here?) It was perfect for sleeping, wearing under shirts, wearing while getting ready and lounging. This is a must have.
 
 
I mean, we all know how comfy regular leggings are and maternity leggings takes that to the next level. Throw it on with a dress, long sweater, etc. and you have comfort at its max. I loved these from A Pea in the Pod.
Secret Fit Belly(r) Jersey Knit Slim Leg Maternity Legging
 
Also from Gap and available in a long length. A great option for switching things up from shorts or pants and way more cozy. I wore this all the time and was able to make it casual for running errands or throw on a cute shirt, boots, cardigan and scarf for a more fashionable option.
 
Obviously this is only a small portion of your new wardrobe but these were things I turned to more frequently than others. Also, a plain black dress (great for adding fun jewelry, shoes, scarves, etc!) and pajama shorts were a must for this pregnant lady!
 
Shop around, Gap, Old Navy, H&M and Target all have reasonably priced, stylish options. And shop the sales! If you know you will be pregnant when the weather is warmer where you live, buy shorts on sale now! You will be so glad that you did.
 
I'm going to miss those expandable waisted pants...
Laura
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Interesting information I haven’t been through such information in a long time.
    fashionable maternity clothing

    ReplyDelete