a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies

a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies.

cooking.baking.teaching.and general merriment.

11.16.2012

Sweet Potato Gratin with Gruyere

I am all about traditional Thanksgiving dishes.

Green Bean Casserole, the recipe on the cream of mushroom soup can.

Stuffing from a box. Not ashamed to admit it.

But last year, my sister in law whipped up this dish that we found from Brown Eyed Baker and we swore to start a new tradition. To make this every year.

Layered sweet potatoes with gruyere cheese, thyme and cream.

Swoon.

I don't want to tell y'all what to do but you must make this dish for Thanksgiving this week. You will not regret it. I want it. Now.




Click here for the link to the original recipe from one of my favorites, Brown Eyed Baker and start a new tradition at your house.

I don't know why I save this dish for Thanksgiving, I should make it year round!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment