a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies

a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies.

cooking.baking.teaching.and general merriment.

11.12.2012

Subway Art

The hubster and I recently (and finally!) finished decorating our entry way (well, almost finished).

Some call it nesting. I'll take it, whatever the motivation was!

I originally wanted a large sunburst mirror but also realized that we had a lot of fun pictures from our travels and around Colorado that we didn't have a space for in our house. I like the idea of a gallery wall but I don't like the commitment (that's a LOT of holes in the wall) and the tedious job of measuring where they should all go, etc.

I was inspired by this picture from Pinterest and went to town! Well, Ikea actually. I went to Ikea. Which is basically like its own town.
Pinned Image
 
Ikea has these great shelves that I hung for books in Charlotte's room. They come in black, tan or white and would be super easy to paint if you were wanting another color. They also come in the length we used in the entry way, 45 1/4" or, what we used in Charlotte's room, 21 3/4".
 
They are so easy to install and only cost $9.99 each! Deal!
RIBBA Picture ledge IKEA The picture ledge makes it easy to vary your favorite motifs as often as you like.
 
I also loaded up on Ikea frames while I was there and I think the most expensive one was $4.99. I only prefer the finer things in life, obviously.
 
So this is turning into a much longer story than I first anticipated.
 
I knew that besides pictures of our great friends, families and travels, I wanted to do a seasonal subway art 8x10, as well. I found this jackpot of a link on Pinterest to FREE Subway Art printables! I simply followed their great instructions and uploaded the months that I wanted to Picasa and ordered them from the Walgreens down the street. One hour later and my frame was all ready for Halloween! And Thanksgiving! And Christmas! You get the idea. I didn't print them all but instead printed a few holiday pieces and a neutral, year-round print for the other months.
 


 
I am so excited about this and that it is DONE! Well, we still have a few empty frames but we also have a baby on the way who I am sure will have a few pictures taken of her. Just a few. I stored the rest of the prints in the frame, behind the current month. How simple is that?
 
Click here for all the free Subway Art printables and get to holiday decorating!
 
I think this would make an awesome Christmas gift, too! A frame with all the months printed out- so simple and fun!
 
I should go ahead and switch to the Thanksgiving print now, huh?
Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment