a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies

a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies.

cooking.baking.teaching.and general merriment.

3.12.2012

Basic Smoothie

Although the pb smoothie is my fav, sometimes I have to watch my peanut butter intake, ya know? Or maybe you don't know...anyways, here is the basic recipe I follow when making my smoothies:

1 cup liquid (milk, any type of juice, water)
1 frozen banana
Scant cup greek yogurt (any flavor)

Optional Add-Ins:
Spinach (Yes, spinach. I promise you can't taste it!)
Flavored Extracts (Coconut is my fav.)

Blend together! Easy enough!

Check out this variation:

1 frozen banana, scant cup honey vanilla yogurt, 1 cup green goodness juice, splash of coconut extract


Nastiest picture ever? Perhaps.


So smooth.


I love how thick the banana and yogurt make the smoothies! We usually have a couple juice options on hand like this Green Goodness, carrot juice, V8 splash, etc. I also buy the individual yogurt cups in various flavors when they are on sale to switch things up a little bit, too!

Try it out and let me know what you think!

Breakfast of Champions,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment