a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies

a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies.

cooking.baking.teaching.and general merriment.

3.14.2012

Roasted Squash

Roasting veggies is my favorite, go-to side dish for every dinner! It's great with any type of vegetable and this time around I used butternut squash.

I simply peeled and chopped the butternut squash into pieces all around the same size, tossed them with EVOO, salt, pepper and honey. I placed them in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with foil. Roast at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes or until tender.


Instead of a simple side dish for these beauties, I added them to a salad with goat cheese, dried cranberries and pine nuts tossed with balsamic vinaigrette.


Yum!



Roast away,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment