a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies

a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies.

cooking.baking.teaching.and general merriment.

7.16.2012

Face Saving Smoothie

I feel as though my job is to inform you of things that will happen to you during your pregnancy that nobody else will.

Such as your face reverting to it's 13 year old, pimply self. No beating around the bush. It's bad. It's not fun. At least I know how to apply make up better now than I did then, I suppose.

It explains why your face breaks out when you hit puberty. It's payback for when you were just a little fetus and you ruined your dear ol' mom's complexion. It really is karma at it's finest.

Anyways, for the past few weeks I've been drinking carrot juice to try and help calm down the ol' face. Sounds nasty, I know, but mixed into a smoothie (what else did you expect around here?) it is quite delicious!


Face Saving Carrot Smoothie
Yield: 1 large smoothie or 2 small

Ingredients:
-1 frozen banana
-5 whole strawberries
-1/4 c. greek yogurt
-1/2-3/4 c. carrot juice (I like Odwalla- look for the large jugs on sale at the grocery store or Sam's/Costco)

Blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy!
Charlotte might come out looking a little orange...
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment