a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies

a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies.

cooking.baking.teaching.and general merriment.

7.30.2012

Football Hurricane Filler

After July 4th and before Autumn can be looked at one of two ways.

1. The relaxing calm before the holiday decor storm.
2. The stressful, awkward interlude between red, white and blue and pumpkins.

I definitely fall under category #2.

Do I go with watermelons? Beach balls? I live in the mountains!

Well, in our household, this awkward time also means that COLLEGE FOOTBALL is about to start! We are HUGE college football fans (OSU for this girl, OU for the hubster) and putting little football touches around the house really gets us even more pumped up for September 3rd!

This is one of my favorite hurricane vase fillers and it is SO inexpensive and easy!



I stuffed the bottom of the hurricane with shredded green paper filler to look like grass. Then, I took football birthday candles (they're attached to toothpicks), cut the wick off the top and stuck them into the paper "grass"!


How easy is that?

I found both supplies at Michael's but any craft store would work! When it's time to bust out the fall decor, I simply put the candles and paper filler back in a large, labeled ziploc and store it away until next year! Reusable- even better.

Go Pokes!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment