a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies

a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies.

cooking.baking.teaching.and general merriment.

4.26.2012

Baked Oatmeal

I guess I inspired myself the other with my Bake-Ahead Breakfast post! At least somebody is getting something out of this blog! This past weekend, I made the Baked Oatmeal and it has been a hit for breakfast this week! They are simple to make and even more simple to grab and go in the mornings!


Pinned Image

I love knowing what is in my breakfast and that it is sugar free, oil free and low in calories! Win, win!

I halved the recipe because I only had 1 c. of applesauce on hand and still came out with 16 medium sized baked oatmeal cups. For the toppings, I did some with chocolate chips, some with dried cranberries and walnuts and, lastly, fresh strawberries and walnuts. I sprinkled brown sugar on them all before baking, too.

Make sure to push your toppings into the batter before baking so it's easier (and less messy!) to eat!

I will definitely be making these again and again!

Click here for the original recipe from Sugar-Free Mom's blog!

I'm glad I could inspire myself...
Laura

2 comments:

  1. did you know I'm moving to Denver for 3 months in 2 weeks. Did that make sense? I need friends! Will you be my friend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what??? Why? That is awesome. You will LOVE it!! It's best in the summer time, too!! And duh, we will be friends! Can't wait!

      Delete