a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies

a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies.

cooking.baking.teaching.and general merriment.

4.12.2012

I really love my...{silpat}



(click here for all previous posts in the I really love my...series!) 

I really love my Silpat baking mat! I recently purchased a Silpat after being intrigued by them for years and I haven't regretted my purchase once. Only that it took me so long to get one! 

According to the Silpat website, they are: 

"...a must-have for all bakers. SILPAT® is the original non-stick baking mat. Since 1965, Demarle has been committed to improving your baking experience by introducing top quality products. SILPAT® products never need greasing and replace parchment paper. Using SILPAT® products saves time, money and reduces waste in our environment. SILPAT® products are great for working with sticky materials such as gooey batter, taffy, caramel, doughs and anything your imagination allows. Nothing sticks to SILPAT®."

I couldn't agree more. I was a little nervous about ruining a batch of cookies on here because I was doubtful in the nonstick ability but, boy, was I wrong! Cookies, chocolate, scones, etc. have all come off the Silpat seamlessly and without being burned. 

They are easy to clean and don't take up a lot of space when stored. It's official- the Silpat is a hit in my house! 

I bought mine at Williams-Sonoma but you can also get them from Amazon or Bed Bath and Beyond.

No more parchment paper here, 
Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment