a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies

a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies.

cooking.baking.teaching.and general merriment.

5.18.2012

{Belated} Mother's Day

I realized that Mother's Day came and went and I didn't even brag about recognize my own mom! Well, I did when I saw her...just not on the blog.

My mom (hi, mom!) is creative, helpful and reliable.


She works hard at everything she does and is dedicated to people and the activities she helps! She spends the majority of her week leading Bible Study Fellowship, organizing the groups and making sure it all runs smoothly. Add in taking care of the house, cooking wonderful meals for my dad and she also squeezes in time for yoga and manicures to take care of herself, too.

She has taught me many valuable skills and lessons but the most prevalent in my life right now is how to be a loyal and supportive wife and the importance of caring for others while still taking care, and not forgetting about, myself.




Every time we have moved (and every time my brother has moved, as well), my mom doesn't think twice about coming to wherever we are living, packing us up, moving us, painting, decorating, cleaning and being supportive about the situation, even if we are moving from Dallas (a 4 hour trip from home) to Denver (a 10 hour drive).

Happy {blog-belated} Mother's Day to my mom and best friend!



Better late than never,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment