a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies

a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies.

cooking.baking.teaching.and general merriment.

5.29.2012

Going Banana Chai

You've heard me rant and rave about smoothies here before, and that isn't changing anytime soon.

My newest smoothie addiction is inspired by this Banana Chai smoothie from Pinterest!

Spicy, creamy and indulgent- it has a trifecta going on here.

IMG_4410 (500x333)

Banana Chai Smoothie
Serves 1
Adapted from Choosing Raw

Ingredients: 
2 tsp. chai tea mix (I love this variety from Trader Joe's...and Amazon, apparently)
1 1/2 (or 2 small) frozen bananas (remember my frozen banana trick, here?)
2/3 c. milk 
1 tbsp. peanut butter

Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
Yum!! 

(You can also make your own chai mix but I like the subtle yet spiciness from the premixed teas better. There's my two cents.)

Enjoy!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment