a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies

a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies.

cooking.baking.teaching.and general merriment.

6.21.2012

Gender Reveal Part 1

Last Wednesday, the hubster and I found out the gender of our sweet baby and wanted a fun way to share it with our friends!

I had so much fun planning this reveal especially since I didn't know the gender while planning and I can't wait to share it with y'all!

 I was inspired by this and this to create what, in my opinion, was a super easy and cute party to throw together!

Here is part one of our party- the entry table! 

This table greeted our guests as they came in and made their predictions if Baby Ellison is a Lil' Man or a Lil' Miss!





 The prize was a massive baby bottle full of candy!
 We had so much fun with the lips and mustaches and that our friends could guess their predictions before the big reveal!

Check back tomorrow for the dessert table and how we revealed the news!

Very few people guessed girl!
Laura

5 comments:

  1. this is such a cute idea! I just want to know how you kept it off facebook if all your friends knew!! did you find out at 20 weeks or earlier?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Our Dr. appt was at 2:30 that Wednesday and we had the party at 7pm that night! So we called our family and out of town besties in between and had our local friends over for the reveal! I put it on facebook about 10pm so nobody had to keep a secret for too long :)

      Delete
    2. I meant just the fact that you are pregnant -- wasn't that your first announcement? I was dying to tell people! 10 weeks was all I could wait for :)

      Delete
    3. Ohhh! Well this was all a huge surprise to us :) so we waited until I was 14 weeks along to tell anyone (besides my best friends in Vegas and our parents) and just asked that everyone keep it off of facebook/twitter, etc! We decided to wait to make it FB official until we knew if it was a boy or girl but were telling people we saw and openly talking about it...just not on social media :) I was worried about something going wrong so I wanted to wait a while!

      Delete
    4. yeah I totally understand that fear.. actually was just praying through it a few minutes ago!! I love the name you chose :) I'm so anxious to find out the gender!

      Delete