a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies

a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies.

cooking.baking.teaching.and general merriment.

6.22.2012

Gender Reveal Part 2

Here is Part Two of our Gender Reveal Party for sweet baby Ellison!

And my favorite part, too- the dessert.

I love the idea of an ice cream bar and decided to adapt it to the pink and blue theme.

We had brownies, vanilla ice cream and a plethora of Lil' Man toppings and Lil' Miss toppings!




I used the same signs from the entry table and just moved the title over and added the word "toppings". Super simple!

 We had blueberries, blue sixlets (from the party store), blue sprinkles, blue candy and I colored half a tub of cool whip blue!
 For the Lil' Miss toppings, we had strawberries, raspberries, cherries, pink sixlets (also, from the party store), pink sprinkles and I colored the other half of the cool whip pink.


I am really pleased with how this table (and the sundaes!) turned out! It was so easy to organize and continued the Lil' Man/Lil' Miss, blue/pink theme seamlessly.

Since my hub and I already knew the gender for the big reveal, we went to the Dollar Tree after our Dr. appointment and loaded up on pink silly string! Once you take the lid off, all the bottles look the same! I checked the tops and one had a little pink remnant on it and I simply scraped it off with a toothpick so there were no spoilers.

We passed out the silly string to all our friends and on the count of 3, everybody sprayed! It was SO fun and wonderful to see everyone's reactions!


 PINK!
 It's a GIRL!

In the end, I am beyond pleased with how simple and fun this party turned out! I love that it wasn't tons of work to prepare but was still adorable. 

So excited for a girl!!
Laura

6 comments:

  1. This is so stinkin' cute. Love everything about the party! and CONGRATS on the little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laura, for blogging this. It made me feel as though I shared in the fun. So many cute ideas, yet very affordable. Loved it and love the blessing of another grand-daughter soon to be arriving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm glad you enjoyed it! It was so much fun and we can't wait for sweet Charlotte to be here either!

      Delete
  3. you did SUCH a good job with all of this!!! Where did you come up with the silly string idea?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It was super easy!! And I could prepare so much ahead of time- even better! Well, apparentally the nation is on a helium shortage (who knew?) so when I was at the party store and balloons were MIA, I saw the silly string and thought, hm, that would be so fun! My dad had the idea to buy it at the Dollar Tree so all our guests could have one to spray- it's a lot more affordable there than at Party City!!

      Delete