a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies

a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies.

cooking.baking.teaching.and general merriment.

6.13.2012

I really love my...{knife holder}

(see here for all previous posts in the I really love my... series!)

I don't know if you heard, but we just moved. (Please note the sarcasm; we all know I can't stop talking about it.)

Anyways, when we moved out of our rental house, I didn't want to take my magnetic knife rack down from the wall because I knew the massive holes in the wall probably wouldn't go over too well with the landlord. So, instead, I chose to appear as the gracious ex-tenant and leave this on the wall. Saintly, I know.

Zwilling J.A. Henckels Magnetic Bracket

Now that we are in our new house (it's OUR house! Eeek!!) I have been looking for a new knife holder but really didn't have a place in our kitchen that I loved to hang a magnetic rack. When I was shopping at the Container Store the other day, I stumbled upon this gem and haven't looked back since!


It's a bamboo knife holder that fits in your drawer and safely holds all your knifes without dulling the blades.


The flexible cork-like material easily separates to accommodate multiple knifes of all different sizes.


Here it is in our drawer. This takes up half the drawer with lots of room on the side for other really important kitchen utensils. They also make a deluxe knife holder that is double this size if you're really a knife junkie or just love to have options when cutting your onions. To each his own, you know?


To say that I am pleased with this purchase would be an understatement!


You can get this little beaut online or in stores at The Container Store!

Off to stare at my cork and bamboo obsession,
Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment