a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies

a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies.

cooking.baking.teaching.and general merriment.

6.15.2012

Father's Day

I let Mother's Day come without mentioning my mom (don't judge- it was just a little belated) and I can't let that happen for Father's Day this weekend, too!

My dad is the (sometimes) quiet, strong support of our family.

His love for people and his ability to look at situations from a Godly, not worldly, perspective is such a wonderful example. Just like my mom, he works hard at everything he does, whether that be his job as an engineer, leading the rowdy middle schoolers at Bible Study Fellowship or his golf game. No matter how worn out, tired or busy he is, he is always the first to jump into help fix something (even if you didn't know it needed fixing!). He is the man that you want to come visit your house five days after you move in and finish all your projects/start new ones...which is exactly what he did here last week.


He has taught me many valuable life lessons, especially those that I've learned by example, but the most important and prevalent in my life right now is his never-ending servant attitude. That is something that I am working specifically on in my life and he is a prime example for that type of heart.


He doesn't like his picture all over "the facebook" and the Internet but I had to throw a couple in here to honor him on this special Father's Day weekend.

Happy Father's Day to my sweet daddy!

Love,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment