a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies

a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies.

cooking.baking.teaching.and general merriment.

6.25.2012

Rhoad's Rolls Pizza

I don't want to brag or anything, but ever since I've been pregnant, I've become the queen of easy, simple weeknight dinners. Between exhaustion, back pain and overall "I'm carrying a child here" symptoms, cooking nightly dinners has become tough for me!

But the upside of this is that we have found some of our favorite new recipes this way! For example, the Grape Tomato Pasta dish! Another new favorite is even easier than that- Rhoad's Rolls Pizzas.

I've talked about my love for Rhoad's Rolls before with these Rosemary Rolls and my love continues.
 
Simply pull the rolls out of the freezer a few hours ahead of time (or use the simple thaw method on the back of the bag) and let rise. Once they have doubled in size, preheat your oven to 400 degrees and spray your pan really well with non stick spray!

Smush (very technical here) the rolls into flat circles and top with your favorite pizza toppings! This was great because the hubster likes red sauce with his toppings and I'm more of an EVOO pizza type of girl so we were able to personalize our own just the way we like it. Sort of like Burger King...

Bake for about 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Simple and delicious! The hubster even said he liked these better than the typical pizza we make.

(Let's not even pretend this picture is appetizing- I was starving and couldn't mess around with food photography biz-nass).


Just FYI- I ate two of these babies and the hubster had three, so plan accordingly. And make some for leftovers- they were a great lunch the next day.

I like calling myself the Queen,
Laura

1 comment:

  1. You CRACK me up! I love reading your blog, it's like my daily dose of Ellison : ) Keep the hysterically useful posts com in my way!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete