a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies

a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies.

cooking.baking.teaching.and general merriment.

6.18.2012

A Baby is Brewing...

Big News!

My sweet hubby and I have a baby girl on the way!

I found out that I was expecting right before I went to Vegas for my bestie's bachelorette party. Remember that?

Both my husband and I wanted to wait to tell everyone the exciting news until I was further along but I knew that if I went to Vegas, for a bachelorette party, and did not even have one celebratory drink, there would be some questions. So, I decided to let them know that first night there before the bachelorette festivities were underway!

Side note: I called the bride-to-be earlier in the week to tell her and asked her if it would be okay to do a little announcement in Vegas. The last thing I wanted to do was take attention off of her weekend because of this news! She was so excited and did not mind one bit!

Gather your supplies: tea bags, strips of colored paper, (and pretend you see these in the picture) glue and a marker.


Fold the paper in half and crease the top.

Write the big news on one side...


...and the date on the other side!
(At this point, we didn't know our exact due date as the Dr. wouldn't see me until 8 weeks along but I knew it would be in the Fall! Our exact due date is October 31, 2012.)

Glue each side to the tea bag label and let dry.


Wrap it up in what would look like a cute Bachelorette gift for everyone and try to contain your excitement/nervousness! 

 
My girlfriends were SO surprised and it was so fun for me to watch their faces as they slowly opened the packages and put together what was happening!

This could not have been easier and such a cute way to announce your big arrival!

Baby's First Trip to Vegas,
Laura

4 comments:

  1. such a cute, creative way to make the announcement! congratulations to you & ash :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! And a cute way to share the news...Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I love all the ideas from your sister's shower, too!! So cute!

      Delete