a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies

a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies.

cooking.baking.teaching.and general merriment.

10.23.2012

Apple Spiced Scones with Spiced Glaze

I know I've told y'all this before but in case you forgot or still find it really, really odd, I'll remind you.

My hubby loves scones.

Scones? Yes, scones.

My rock climbing, triathlon competing, double black diamond skiing husband enjoys a good scone.

Funny.

And I'll give you all one guess where I found another successful recipe, this time for a scone... you guessed it- SkinnyTaste!

I made SkinnyTaste's Delightful Apple Spiced Scones with Spiced Glaze and they were a hit! Instead of forming them into a circle, I made a long rectangle and cut them into small triangles before baking. This was great as I sent some of them into my husband's work and they were the perfect size to grab on the go! Not to mention, they served a lot more people than the 12 scones it originally makes.

These are a nice, light, Autumn-ish snack or breakfast and guilt-free, at that.

(Don't let the buttermilk addition sway you from not making these- just measure 1/2 tbsp. vinegar in a liquid measuring cup then fill the rest of the way to 1/2 cup with milk. Let stand 5 minutes and, voila, 1/2 c. buttermilk!)

Click here for the link to the original recipe from SkinnyTaste!
Enjoy!
Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment