a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies

a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies.

cooking.baking.teaching.and general merriment.

10.18.2012

Beer Bread

In case you haven't picked up on things around here, I love any recipe that is simple.

Rosemary Rolls? Simple.

Tomato Soup? Simple.

Cornflake Chicken? Simple.

And this recipe is no different.

Bake at 350 is another one of my daily blog reads that is full of sweet and decadent treats. Not to mention, she is an amazing cookie decorator and has a new book out full of gorgeous designs with step-by-step illustrations!
Decorating Cookies: 60+ Designs for Holidays, Celebrations & Everyday

And, although her cookie decor is simply amazing, it's her beer bread recipe that has become a staple for me. 

Take a basic mixture of self-rising flour, butter and sugar and mix it up with different types of beer and fillings. 

For example...


How great do those flavors sound?

I have tried all but the classic (because really, when you have those other flavor options, do you really want it to be so plain?) and it is hard to pick a favorite. 

The chocolate chip is perfect for a sweet breakfast (yes, I said breakfast) or mid-afternoon snack that fills my sweet tooth.

The orange nutmeg really does taste like a breakfast option or the perfect companion to a hearty pork dish.

And you can't go wrong with rosemary in my book. Add gruyere to that, too? Perfection with a bowl of soup. 

I like to pour the batter into small loaf pans and pass them out to neighbors and friends, too. One for you, one for me. 

Click here for the link to the basic recipe and how to make all the variations! 

The hardest part is choosing which one to start with!
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment