a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies

a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies.

cooking.baking.teaching.and general merriment.

10.04.2012

They're Real!

Obviously, I am talking about my eyelashes.

I am one of those people that if I knew I was headed to a deserted island, I would seriously contemplate bringing mascara. I think it makes such a big difference in your look, no matter how casual or formal the day.

Although, I am very certain that a toothbrush and toothpaste would win out. That's just nasty.

I have worn LashBlast Luxe by CoverGirl for the last few years and really like the price ($8!), how convenient it is to pick up at the grocery store, and the shade (Black Cabernet) that has a hint of purple in it to balance out my brown eyes.

LashBlast Luxe Mascara
But, move over CoverGirl. There's a new (to me) mascara in town. And it might be sent straight from heaven.
 
 
Benefit Cosmetics - They're Real! Mascara


A month ago, it seems like I was hearing about this mascara daily on twitter, TV, etc. It must have been a sign.
 
When I finally got around to going to the mall, Sephora was on my list to see this miracle worker for myself. It is pricier than the CoverGirl ($23) but I am addicted.
 
It makes my lashes look completely different than I've ever seen- longer and thicker but doesn't look over the top fake. I don't think this will be a daily mascara for me because I'm cheap but I love it to have for date nights, sleep-less nights, etc.
 
Look at the difference between my ordinary lashes...

 
...and my lashes when I use They're Real! Mascara.
 

 
It's a little hard to tell in the pictures but there is such a noticeable difference in real life!
 
They're Real! Mascara is available at Sephora, Ulta and other beauty retailers. Perfect for upcoming holiday parties and making this soon-to-be mommy look like she's had a full night's rest when she hasn't slept a wink. Sold.
 
Those eye pictures are super creepy...sorry...
Laura

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness...I'm right there with you. Mascara is my ONE item that I absolutely wear every day...even if it's a sweatpants-grocery-store-run...I throw on some mascara. I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got to try it!! But I'm scared it's addicting...

      Delete