a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies

a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies.

cooking.baking.teaching.and general merriment.

10.10.2012

Pumpkin Cinnamon Chip Muffins

I'm sure y'all have seen this same concept around- a muffin with only 2 ingredients! Or 3 ingredients! Or heck- only one ingredient!

Well, I'm on that same train but mine are a super complicated 4 ingredients! Whew.

My best friend from college's mom always made these muffins for us and they are now a fall staple.



Pumpkin, cake mix, water and cinnamon chips combined to make a moist, flavorful treat. Yep, still 4 ingredients. You can do it, I promise.

The cinnamon chips are made by Hershey's and can be a little tricky to find so stock up when you do. My mom and I found them at Reasor's in Oklahoma when I was back in the summer and I loaded up for this recipe. You can always use chocolate chips, too. I have and they are still delicious!


This is a great recipe that you can always have the ingredients on hand for unexpected guests or a surprise treat for your friends and neighbors!

Pumpkin Cinnamon Chip Muffins
Yield: 24 muffins
Prep Time: 5 min. Total Time: 30 min.
 
Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix
1 can pumpkin (actual pumpkin, not pie filling)
1 c. water
1 c. cinnamon chips
 
Directions:
Mix cake mix, pumpkin and water in a large bowl until smooth. Fold in cinnamon chips. Scoop into greased muffin tins or tins lined with cupcake liners.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 min. until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool.
 
Enjoy!
Laura
 

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Now I just need to find yellow cake mix. Thanks for posting - I've loved these ever since eating 100+ with you in Stillwater :)

    ReplyDelete