a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies

a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies.

cooking.baking.teaching.and general merriment.

10.01.2012

Braided Sock Bun

So, this is simple.

The other night, the hub and I were headed out on a hot date and I saw this on Pinterest...

Pinned Image
 
And I knew I had to try it out that night!
 
It couldn't have been easier and once Charlotte arrives, I know it will be a great go-to hairstyle that looks so much more difficult than it really is!
 
First, I did a sock bun, (click here to see a great description of how to do the sock bun from a sweet friend of mine!), but I left out a small piece of hair for the braid. I did a simple braid, wrapped it around the bun and secured it with a few bobby pins!
 
Voila!
 
 
But sshhhh...don't tell anyone how simple it was!
Laura


2 comments:

  1. You can also get hair donuts online from BunQueen.com They have them in 3 different colors and 3 different sizes so you can get your perfect bun everytime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have one of those, too, that I got from Walgreens! Great website, though!

      Delete