a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies

a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies.

cooking.baking.teaching.and general merriment.

10.15.2012

Salted Nut Bars

Paydays are totally underrated.

Not the kind at your job where you get a check and money, I think we can all agree those are awesome.

I mean the caramel and peanut candy bar. Salty + Sweet = True Love 4 Ever.

These Salted Nut Bars remind me of a Payday on steroids.

A peanut butter cookie crust, layers of caramel, peanuts, marshmallow and candy corn.

Take a second and read that sentence again. All the good things in life, right there.

Pinned Image
 

I will note that this recipe has multiple steps, it's messy to make and, although simple, it's time consuming. But once I took one bite, I forgot about all of that. Amazing.

I feel like that is what pregnancy is like, too. It's tiring, uncomfortable and time consuming but I am assuming once you meet your precious baby, you forget about all of that. I don't know why people would have multiple children if that's not the case. I'll keep you updated.

So, I didn't plan on comparing these Salted Nut Bars to pregnancy and childbirth but that just happened. Hm.

On that note, click here for the original recipe by Just A Pinch!

Enjoy!
Laura

P.S. Happy Birthday to my wonderful mom! Read how amazing she is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment