a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies

a southern girl's dialogue on life in the rockies.

cooking.baking.teaching.and general merriment.

10.16.2012

Baby Reads

Everybody loves to give you advice when you're pregnant.

What to eat, what not to eat.
What vitamins to take, what vitamins not to take.
Read this, watch this, take this class, do this exercise...
You get the picture.

Well, here I am, hopping aboard the advice train. But I like to thing of these more as recommendations...take it or leave it. Won't bother me one bit!

During my pregnancy, the library has become one of my best friends. I have checked out a lot of prenatal workout videos and pregnancy books, some that I've ended up loving and buying and some that I couldn't even finish.

Here are my top reads...

I ended up buying this book after reading it because it was so easy to understand and apply. It is very similar to Baby Wise (see next book) but I liked her examples, stories and time lines better for me. She has different categories of baby personalities and I'm excited to meet Charlotte, get to know her and see how I can best support her as a baby according to Tracy's categories.
 
Baby Wise has the go-to sleep program for infants, in my opinion. Again, the timeline is similar to the Baby Whisperer which promotes self-soothing in infants. They use the idea of feeding your baby then having awake/play time before taking their nap or going to sleep for the night. The charts and time lines in the back of the book are extremely helpful for the Type A personality, like myself!
 
This book is written by two pediatricians and gave a great overview on all topics that you might (and most likely will) run into the first few months of your babies life. I finished the book feeling informed but not overwhelmed and that I had just enough knowledge on each topic to feel comfortable.
I know, just what you need, more advice during this time in your life. The best advice is to listen to every one's advice with a smile and a "thank you!" and then choose to use it or not!
 
Library + Me = BFF,
Laura
 


No comments:

Post a Comment